Poke Supr Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poke Supr Stars

We are a loving friendly community feel free to join and have fun ^^

3 posters

Technician Breloom is here!

SandMaster1996
    SandMaster1996

Supr Technician Breloom is here!

Post  SandMaster1996 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Why, hello there, PSS. It's Sand again with another RMT. Here's a Standard OU rain team I've been using for a while, and I'm very happy with the results.

Technician Breloom is here! 20100417192016!186Politoed
    HaveUEverCn (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Perish Song
    - Ice Beam
    A defensive Politoed. Its Special Defense is pretty good anyways, so max defense helps it take physical hits better than the specially defensive variant. It also summons rain (obviously) and it can force switches with Perish Song.

Technician Breloom is here! 598Ferrothorn
    Spike (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Protect
    This Ferrothorn is the standard fare. Sets up Spikes, heals itself with Leech Seed, scouts with Protect, and so on. It makes for a good mixed wall that can also come in on a threat to Politoed.

Technician Breloom is here! 485Heatran
    Smelter (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Heatran is an odd choice for a rain team, but its Fire typing actually doesn't hinder it much. Fire Blast still does a good amount of damage even in the rain. The Air Balloon keeps it safe from Ground attacks until the Balloon is popped. Hidden Power Ice is to get rid of Dragon types and the ever-present Gliscor (and possibly Landorus). It even KOs Dragonite after Stealth Rock damage.

Technician Breloom is here! 073Tentacruel
    Slenderman (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Scald
    - Protect
    - Rapid Spin
    Another fairly standard Tentacruel. It sets up Toxic Spikes, spins away the opponent's entry hazards, and makes for a decent tank. As for the Black Sludge, I personally prefer it over Leftovers, even though Trick users can take it away and then trick it back to another one of my Pokemon.

Technician Breloom is here! 286Breloom
    Metagame (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    All checks and counters ahoy, Technician Breloom is here! With the Life Orb, it becomes a monster. Spore can help give it a free turn to set up SD, Mach Punch is for priority whilst gaining a Technician boost and STAB. Bullet Seed, I would say, is the most important move on this set. With Technician, it's more powerful than ever. Expect this guy to sweep once all checks and counters are gone.

Technician Breloom is here! 381Latios
    Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Psyshock
    I'm using this Latios as a revenge killer as well as the Thunder spammer on this team. After all, Thunder has perfect accuracy in the rain. Draco Meteor is the main STAB move here, and Psyshock helps bypass special walls, which Latios loathes.

I haven't been using this team long enough to know what my checks and counters are, but I'd say I have to watch out for Skarmory, since even a Fire Blast from Heatran probably won't KO it because of the rain. I also have to watch out for other weather summoners, since that requires me to keep Politoed alive until the opposing weather is gone.

Well, that's my team. Please leave a reply on how much you like this team, what I should change/replace, etc etc etc.
    Nom

Supr Re: Technician Breloom is here!

Post  Nom Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry for posting so late but I really couldn't find much to say about this team. All I can think of is to watch out for Terrakion, Alakazam and other Pokemon with a large movepool that can hit most of your team for super effective damage. But apart from that, I have nothing else to say.
    iB r e l o o m
    iB r e l o o m
    Admin

Supr Re: Technician Breloom is here!

Post  iB r e l o o m Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:18 pm

First off, replace ice beam on Politoed for Protect. You get an additional turn of Toxic, leftovers and maybe burn, and you have latios for revenging dragons.

Next, Heatran in the rain is just an overall bad choice. In his replacement, a SubCM Jirachi makes a fine choice. Note that you will have to remove spikes on ferrothorn for stealth rock.

Finally, psyshock is fine on latios, but i'd only recommend it on a specs Latios. Use trick to defeat Blissey's and Chansey's in a less violent way.

TL;DR Version:
    Protect > Ice beam
    Jirachi > Heatran
    Trick > Psyshock

Sets:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder