Poke Supr Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poke Supr Stars

We are a loving friendly community feel free to join and have fun ^^

2 posters

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT.

Nom

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. Empty Shall We Dance? An OU RMT.

Post  Nom Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm

This team pretty much focuses on having Haxorus come out at an opportune moment and Dragon Dance. The way an opportune moment will be judged as such is if I have paralyzed enough of the opponents Pokemon (4 tends to be enough), if my opponent doesn't have any attack that can kill the Pokemon I switch in or if it is highly predictable that the opponent will switch their Pokemon when I switch in Haxorus. Jellicent's purpose is basically to stall out an opponent that is burned with scald, Rapid Spin any entry hazards and set up Toxic Spikes. Celebi is just a revenge killer because it is Scarfed and also provides more coverage while helping break walls or force switch ins. Jirachi is my back up Paralyzer and, if the opponent can take out Haxorus or Conkeldurr, then it will Flinch them to death while setting up Stealth Rock. The explanations will be continued for each individual Pokemon. Conkeldurr comes out on paralyzed opponents mainly, using its Flame-Orb-activated-Gut's boosted attack to finish off Pokemon with its wide coverage. This team may be used instead of my hax team I posted earlier, so an item can only be used once due to DS Random Matchup Item Clause.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. 23w30g0

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - Dragon Tail

Dragonite is my lead in most conditions as it will help setup for Haxorus/Conkeldurr. The set for Dragonite is the standard Parashuffle set. Dragonite will set up Thunder Wave on the first turn unless the opponent has Volt Absorb or is a Ground Type. It is almost ensured that Dragonite can paralyze its first opponent if possible because Multiscale makes it so that even a Super Effective hit has a low chance of landing an OHKO on Dragonite. After Dragonite paralyzes its opponent, it will either Roost or Substitute, depending on the HP of Dragonite, until the opponent is affected by paralysis, then Dragon Tail them away next turn.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. 1znv9u9

Jirachi @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Wish
    - Stealth Rock

Jirachi is the backup paralyzer if there are too many Ground-type Pokemon on the opponent's team. If there are too many Ghosts, then Dragonite wil probably go first. Jirachi's set is also very standard for its purpose. It will use Body Slam to attempt to paralyze the opponent. Usually one or two Body Slams are enough to paralyze the opponent and after that Jirachi will use Iron Head to flinch the opponent to death. Wish will be used to regain Jirachi's HP and Stealth Rock will help weaken incoming threats. Shed Shell will help escape the grasp of Magnezone's Magnet Pull which can be problematic for Jirachi if it cannot paralyze Magnezone on the first turn. Jirachi has no Atk EVs because it needs to be able to take hits when it is paralyzing the opponent while it isn't quite necessary to deal out a lot of damage because it will not need to take many hits once it starts flinching the opponent.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. 2dt3i9i

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

Haxorus is one of the three key offensive players in this team. It will switch in on an opponent that I know cannot combat it effectively and will either have to switch or hit for neutral damage. Haxorus can also switch in on an opponent who thinks Haxorus is banded so will, for example send out Heatran as bait for Haxorus to use Earthquake or Brick Break and then switch to something like Gengar, only to find out that they just gave Haxorus a free Dragon Dance. Usually one Dragon Dance is enough to give it ample power to sweep things and ample speed to outrun threats that aren't Scarfed. Lum Berry allows it to use one chain of Outrage without being crippled for a few turns by confusion.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. 69npy9

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Trick

Celebi is my second offensive player. It helps patch up my weakness against bulky Water-types that tend to have the potential to wall me. Leaf Storm hits them hard, especially Swampert and Gastrodon. Earth Power helps cover against Heatran and other threats like that. HP Ice helps provide coverage against opposing Dragons who threaten Haxorus and against Flying types. Trick helps break walls and force switches which help put my entry hazards to use.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. R2ltp4

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Payback

Conkeldurr is the third offensive Pokemon on my team. It will basically switch in based on the same conditions that Haxorus is looking for, that is, on a Pokemon that cannot threaten it but rather is threatened by it so it will switch out. Drain Punch will be used to keep Conkeldurr from dying of its Burn while Mach Punch will be used to finish off already weakened opponents.Ice Punch helps deal with Gliscors and Disable Gengars among other things, such as Flying types. Payback further helps with coverage by hitting Ghosts and Psychics hard.

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. 2h7qtec

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Protect

Tentacruel is an essential part of this team since entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes, will be destructive for this team as it will allow walls to easily stall and pick off my offensive Pokemon. It also helps cripple opposing teams with Toxic Spikes which, when two layers are out, will allow Tentacruel to effectively stall or it will force the opponent to switch to prevent the toxic poison from becoming too great, causing them to poison more of their Pokemon while taking damage from Stealth Rocks if Jirachi has set them up. Scald will help with Steel types by providing a chance to burn them. The EV spread allows it to outrun most Gliscor's, who run 72 EVs, thus allowing me to counter them effectively.

Here is an exportable if anyone would want to test it:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Nom on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    iB r e l o o m
    iB r e l o o m
    Admin

Shall We Dance? An OU RMT. Empty Re: Shall We Dance? An OU RMT.

Post  iB r e l o o m Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm

You'll want to use Payback instead of Stone edge on conkeldurr. Stone edge is mostly fillar, and without Payback you'll be walled by things such as Latias and Reuniclus.

Also, shed shell on jirachi should be replaced with leftovers. Shed shell is important for pokemon whom are 4x weak to fire (Magnezone) so jirachi would prefer leftovers more.

Next: Porygon-z is an albeit under-rated, yet underpowered pokemon. Normal is a bad attacking type, so using a Scarf Celebi will help patch up your weakness to bulky water types.

TL;DR Version:
    Payback > Stone edge
    Leftovers > Shed shell
    Celebi > Porygon-Z

Sets:

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]