Poke Supr Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poke Supr Stars

We are a loving friendly community feel free to join and have fun ^^

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT

Nom

Sand abyss Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT

Post  Nom Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:16 am

Hey guys, not sure if you remember me anymore but here I am. I made a team and posted it on three other forums and felt like I was forgetting one and now I remembered so I posted it here. The red are the changes made so far.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 14iosnbEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 1znv9u9Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2m26kw2ETERNALRAINEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT Jzzo1hEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT X45blwEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2jf0rc6

I have been searching for a new idea for my new team recently and it hasn't been going too well. First, I posted a team which, when you step back and look at it, is just a bunch of common Pokemon thrown together. My next team was a Baton Pass team and it didn't work out too well either since it had many obvious flaws. So, I decided to try something I had never tried before, a Rain team. This is what I came up with and I think it is better than my last two teams and hopefully you will think so too.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 30lpe1k

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Perish Song

The choice of Politoed is pretty obvious since it is the only Pokemon apart from Kyogre who can summon permanent rain. I decided to run the seemingly standard Scarfed Politoed set.
    Hydro Pump is its STAB move, hitting Pokemon that don't resist it relatively hard thanks to its large base power, the boost provided by the rain and the STAB it gets.
    Ice Beam provides more coverage, hitting Flying-, Grass-, Dragon- and Ground-types for Super Effective. Although it may not OHKO them due to Politoed's lackluster Special Attack, it will definitely put a dent in their team.
    Hidden Power Grass allows Politoed to take on opposing Water-types, especially thinks such as Gastrodon and Swampert who only Breloom would be able to counter otherwise. Also, in the case that Politoed outspeeds Rotom-W, HP Grass can came in useful.
    Perish Song takes up the final moveslot and it will usually be reserved for specific situations, such as an opponent that I can't counter or will have trouble countering. Also, if Politoed is about to die and I can't kill the opponent, I will use it then too just to buy my next Pokemon some time while the opponent switches out. I can also use Perish Song to abuse hazards if I have them laid by using Perish Song continuously while my opponent switches Pokemon.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2ps4uwn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Thunder
    - Iron Head

Jirachi functions as a great Special wall as it can block many of the rain abusers who would otherwise threaten my team, such as Tornadus-T.
    Wish allows Jirachi to stay alive and wall as long as possible. This is especially important since Jirachi is the only Pokemon who can counter certain threats while other Pokemon can only wall it.
    Protect works in conjunction with Wish, having Jirachi use wish one turn and receive it the next without taking additional damage.
    Thunder is Jirachi's rain-abuse move and the main reason Jirachi is on this team. Common rain abusers of BW2, namely Tornadus-T and Keldeo, shudder at a 100% accurate, Super Effective Thunder in the rain, so Jirachi can serve as an effective counter to them.
    Iron Head is Jirachi's only STAB move and it is for use when Thunder isn't needed or as useful. It can also work together with Thunder if the opponent gets paralyzed to use the paraflinch strategy which can be annoying yet effective.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2w36qvp

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Bullet Seed
    - Swords Dance

Breloom was added into this team for reasons similar to Jirachi, namely its Fire-type weakness. Although Breloom still has four looming weaknesses, Flying, Psychic, Ice and Poison, the rest of the team can aid it in countering them. Mamoswine the Poison-types as well as the Flying-types, which is further covered by Gastrodon, Jirachi and Politoed. Breloom can handle the Ice-types itself but also receives help from Jirachi.
    Spore is the main thing that will keep Breloom going. It puts its opponents to sleep, picks up a Swords Dance boost and attacks back with either of its STAB moves, all the while healing up any damage it took using Leftovers.
    Mach Punch is devastating with its STAB and Technician bonus and even more destructive after Swords Dance boosts. It is mainly for Pokemon that do not resist it or are too fast for Breloom.
    Bullet Seed is Breloom's second STAB move and probably even more devastating that the first. Even without skill link, Bullet Seed can destroy opponents that do not resist it and will probably be used on sleeping opponents over Mach Punch due to the high possibility of it doing more damage.
    Swords Dance is key to this set for all the reasons I have mentioned above. It turns Breloom's two Technician-boosted STAB moves into destructive moves regardless of their low base power.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT Az9zxu

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Stone Edge

Mamoswine is key to this team thanks to its enormous Attack stat that becomes sky high with Choice Band. Mamoswine aids in countering Flying-types that threaten Breloom and are cannot be OHKOed with Gastrodon or Politoed's Ice Beam due to the lack of a STAB bonus.
    Earthquake is Mamoswine's primary STAB move that is mainly for Steel-types that can OHKO it with Flash Cannon, for example. Mamoswine will probably not be going up against anyone who can possibly have Bullet Punch, namely Scizor, since it probably cannot defeat it. Regardless, Mamoswine's Earthquake can devastate Pokemon that don't resist it and don't have high Defense.
    Ice Shard is the main selling point of Mamoswine because Mamoswine's lower than average speed doesn't hinder it as much with this move and can probably guarantee an OHKO on Flying- or Ground-types.
    Icicle Crash is mainly reserved for Pokemon that are slower than Mamoswine and cannot threaten it with priority moves such as Bullet Punch. Icicle Crash has a significantly higher base power than Ice Shard and a 30% flinch chance, which makes it a powerful tool against slower Pokemon.
    Stone Edge provides more coverage for Mamoswine, allowing it to hit other Ice-types for Super Effective. Also, it provides further coverage against Flying-types, Fire-types and Bug-types, such as Volcarona.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2ninzm8

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Scald
    - Ice Beam

Gastrodon allows me to counter opposing rain teams, especially Rotom-W, who will be stopped in its tracks if it uses either of its common STAB moves, Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt/Thunder.
    Recover allows Gastrodon to gain back health so that it can continue to help check or counter threats to my team, such as Electric-type attack. This also comes in useful for stalling out an opponent who is inflicted with Toxic Poison.
    Toxic mainly allows Gastrodon to do something in the face of Pokemon in can't counter but only check. Although Scald's burn may also function in this way, Toxic is a more efficient way to stall my opponent until they die.
    Scald is Gastrodon's STAB attack and also allows me to stall out Steel-types who I can't Toxic.
    Ice Beam allows for further coverage and gives Gastrodon the ability to counter its only weaknesses, Grass. Ice Beam also gives coverage on Flying- and Ground-type Pokemon, such as the genies (bar Thundurus in its Theorian form) and Gliscor.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2lt6kw

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Volt Switch

Forretress is absolutely essential in this team since nobody on my team can shrug off entry hazard damage.
    Rapid Spin is absolutely essential for the whole team. Breloom cannot attack as much since it will die faster from Life Orb recoil damage after switching in on Spikes. Mamoswine, Breloom and Politoed are both scarred by Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock takes a big toll on them in the long run. So, Forretress is extremely important and isn't hindered by its 4x Fire weakness as muh anymore because the rain makes Fire attacks only do 2x damage.
    Spikes can also be very useful for my team. My team can force many switches which takes advantage of extra damage.
    Gyro Ball is Forretress's main attacking move that takes advantage of its slow speed as well as the presence of fast or Scarfed Pokemon. Gyro Ball can also come in handy in speeding up how fast Pokemon afflicted by poison die.
    Volt Switch is Forretress's only other move and it can come handy in dealing some parting damage when I want to switch it out. It also gives me something, although small in size, against other Steel-types, especially Skarmory, so I can hit them for at least neutral damage.

That's all, thanks for reading and rating my team and I hope it isn't too bad. I appreciate any help I can get since this is my first rain team and I am probably a bit below average in team building skills as I don't see many flaws, so please do point them out.

Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2rmbfk7Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 33ejw5vEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 2s7ywhtEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 330e6g3Eternal Rain, My First Weather RMT IppngwEternal Rain, My First Weather RMT 33w4jnc

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:01 pm