Poke Supr Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poke Supr Stars

We are a loving friendly community feel free to join and have fun ^^

4 posters

My Sandstorm team \,,/

SandMaster1996
    SandMaster1996

My Sandstorm team \,,/ Empty My Sandstorm team ,,/

Post  SandMaster1996 Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 am

Hello, PSS. As you can guess by my username, I use a sandstorm team. Here's a quick overview:

Tyranitar
    Female, Chople Berry
    Sand Stream
    Sassy nature
    EVs: 252 HP/ 64 Sp Atk/ 192 Sp Def
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam

I usually lead with it to get my sandstorm going. Then, I set up rocks and go for an all out attack. Crunch is a reliable STAB move, Fire Blast protects against Pokemon like Ferrothorn who love to set up on T-Tar, and Ice Beam helps against threats like Landorus and Gliscor.

Aerodactyl
    Male, Life Orb
    Pressure
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Stone-Edge
    Roost

I use Taunt to prevent someone from setting up on me and force them to attack. Earthquake and Stone-Edge are for dealing heavy damage, and Roost helps in restoring the recoil damage from its Life Orb.

Landorus
    Male, Expert Belt
    Sand Force
    Naive nature
    EVs: 228 Atk/ 28 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed
    Earthquake
    Stone-Edge
    U-Turn
    Hidden Power (Ice)

I use the Expert Belt as an alternative to the Life Orb. It's basically my late game sweeper.

Lucario
    Male, Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
    Swords Dance
    ExtremeSpeed
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch

This is another reliable sweeper. I set up with Swords Dance, use ExtremeSpeed to gain priority whilst doing heavy damage, Close Combat as a reliable STAB move, and Ice Punch as a way to counter against threats like Gliscor and Landorus (if they switch into Lucario)

Swampert
    Male, Leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed nature
    EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/ 52 Sp Def
    Stealth Rock
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Scald

Swampert is mainly a defensive wall. He'll use Stealth Rock if T-Tar failed to do so, and the other moves are used to defend against possible switches, like Ferrothorn, who wouldn't want to get burned by Scald.

Dugtrio
    Male, Choice Band
    Arena Trap
    Jolly nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 32 Def/ 224 Speed
    Earthquake
    Stone-Edge
    Shadow Claw
    Sucker Punch

Last, but not least, my revenge killer. He's got a moveset to cover many possible matchups, and the Choice Band increases attack power so he can get an OHKO easier. Be aware: if he gets locked into Earthquake, the battle might already be over.

There you have it. The team I'm using right now.
    Please leave a comment and send some feedback, It would be much appreciated.
    Nom

My Sandstorm team \,,/ Empty Re: My Sandstorm team \,,/

Post  Nom Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 am

as u prlly saw, u hav widespread weakness to ice
    SandMaster1996
    SandMaster1996

Post  SandMaster1996 Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 am

Nom wrote:as u prlly saw, u hav widespread weakness to ice

Yeah, I noticed that. But I'm not changing my team any time soon.
    LaceyKazam
    LaceyKazam
    Admin

Post  LaceyKazam Thu May 31, 2012 3:04 am

Have you ever tried

Stoutland

Choice Band/Sand Rush/Adamant
    Moveset
    ~ Return
    ~ Crunch / Pursuit
    ~ Fire Fang
    ~ Ice Fang / Wild Charge

EVs-252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

While under the effects of a sandstorm, Stoutland hits an impressive 492 Attack and 518 Speed. STAB Return is your main attack here - not only is it useful for revenge killing threats such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Quiver Dance Volcarona, but also serves as a powerful, reliable attack to clean up with late-game. Crunch hits Ghost-types hard, but should your team be in dire need of a Pursuit user, Stoutland's combination of blistering Speed and immunity to Ghost-type attacks makes it a respectable candidate. Fire Fang, although weak, is your best option against Steel-types. Fire Fang most notably maims Ferrothorn, who loses up to 91% of its health, assuming the standard spread. Ice Fang deals heavy damage to Gliscor, whilst Wild Charge provides the 2HKO on Skarmory and allows you to reliably revenge kill bulky variants of Dragon Dance Gyarados.
    Nom

Post  Nom Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 am

u prlly should do something if ur going in the clan war as i heard u r
    and ya stoutland is gud but dont use him on the same team with ttar as that will be too much fighting weakness
    SandMaster1996
    SandMaster1996

Post  SandMaster1996 Thu May 31, 2012 12:00 pm

LaceyKazam wrote:Have you ever tried

Stoutland

Moveset
    ~ Return
    ~ Crunch / Pursuit
    ~ Fire Fang
    ~ Ice Fang / Wild Charge

While under the effects of a sandstorm, Stoutland hits an impressive 492 Attack and 518 Speed. STAB Return is your main attack here - not only is it useful for revenge killing threats such as Dragon Dance Salamence and Quiver Dance Volcarona, but also serves as a powerful, reliable attack to clean up with late-game. Crunch hits Ghost-types hard, but should your team be in dire need of a Pursuit user, Stoutland's combination of blistering Speed and immunity to Ghost-type attacks makes it a respectable candidate. Fire Fang, although weak, is your best option against Steel-types. Fire Fang most notably maims Ferrothorn, who loses up to 91% of its health, assuming the standard spread. Ice Fang deals heavy damage to Gliscor, whilst Wild Charge provides the 2HKO on Skarmory and allows you to reliably revenge kill bulky variants of Dragon Dance Gyarados.

Wow. I never thought of that. I've never been a big fan of Normal types, but I might as well try.

Nom wrote: u prlly should do something if ur going in the clan war as i heard u r
    and ya stoutland is gud but dont use him on the same team with ttar as that will be too much fighting weakness

Hippowdon would be a good alternative, wouldn't it?
    Nom

Post  Nom Thu May 31, 2012 5:14 pm

SandMaster1996 wrote:
    LaceyKazam wrote:Have you ever tried

Stoutland

Moveset
    ~ Return
    ~ Crunch / Pursuit
    ~ Fire Fang
    ~ Ice Fang / Wild Charge

Wow. I never thought of that. I've never been a big fan of Normal types, but I might as well try.

Nom wrote: u prlly should do something if ur going in the clan war as i heard u r

Hippowdon would be a good alternative, wouldn't it?

in my opinion yes
    Ace Trainer Mesh

Post  Ace Trainer Mesh Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey! I have a few issues with the overall team myself. First of all, you lack a water resist. You have Lucario, which resists Grass and Ice, but you'll need a better check for the aforementioned types. It doesn't seem like Aerodactyl is doing anything important on your team, so I suggest changing it to a Rotom Wash. It gives you a crucial Water resist on your team, and you'll need it, as Scarf Politoed 6-0's this entire team.
    My Sandstorm team \,,/ 479-wash
    You could try a scarf set or a bulky offense set:
    scarf:
    bulky offense:
    You still lack a grass resist. I suggest adding Scizor to help deter this problem, as he completes the Volt-Turn trio. I'd replace him over another member that doesn't seem to be doing much for your team, Dugtrio.
    My Sandstorm team \,,/ 212
    set:

i'll have more later, i gotta brb for a few lol
    SandMaster1996
    SandMaster1996

Post  SandMaster1996 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Ace Trainer Mesh wrote:Hey! I have a few issues with the overall team myself. First of all, you lack a water resist. You have Lucario, which resists Grass and Ice, but you'll need a better check for the aforementioned types. It doesn't seem like Aerodactyl is doing anything important on your team, so I suggest changing it to a Rotom Wash. It gives you a crucial Water resist on your team, and you'll need it, as Scarf Politoed 6-0's this entire team.
    My Sandstorm team \,,/ 479-wash
    You could try a scarf set or a bulky offense set:
    scarf:
    bulky offense:
    You still lack a grass resist. I suggest adding Scizor to help deter this problem, as he completes the Volt-Turn trio. I'd replace him over another member that doesn't seem to be doing much for your team, Dugtrio.
    My Sandstorm team \,,/ 212
    set:

i'll have more later, i gotta brb for a few lol
    I don't run this team anymore lol. And yes, on my new team, I run the CB Scizor as well as a Storm Drain Gastrodon. I also dumped the Landorus, use Hippowdon as my lead, utilize a Ferrothorn, and I even have a Magic Guard Reuniclus. And Terrakion is now my revenge killer. But thanks, anyways.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:16 pm